The reasons and the cure
Procrastination is to put off something, out of habitual carelessness or laziness or delay needlessly. Everyone procrastinate in one way or other and always a justification is given or defended well. Procrastinating non-important things can be less hampering but done with important things and on regular basis is dangerous. It effects growth, productivity, and ultimately success. On the other hand it increases stress, anxiety, frustration, dissatisfaction and a point comes when a person feels useless, hopeless, unproductive and looser. The reasons of procrastination are different for different people.
In this competitive world procrastination is a big barrier in achieving success. The need is to work on it, eradicate it and enjoy success. It is natural that though we know the cure it is at times difficult to work on it. Reach out to me at +91 8905170075 for the guidance how to work on it.
Classic reasons to Procrastinate.
- Difficulty—No one wants to deal with difficult things, it is postponed till it becomes compulsory. Task may seem difficult as it may remind us of similar task that we couldn’t have resolved. The difficulty is often more with the intensity of the feeling attached to the task. Cure— Accept that nothing is difficult, it needs to be understood. Start working, give it a priority. If it seems difficult, always take guidance from the right source. They are happy to help when you genuinely need it and ask for guidance.
- Fear of unknown- It is easy to work on the task whose results you are aware of but when you are unsure whether the results will be positive or negative action becomes slower. Cure- Every task has its first time. In spite of getting scared and thinking of the results the task should be done in a right way with confidence.
- Distraction- Everyone undergoes distraction. Lots of attention is given to external distraction. More attention should be given to internal distraction which leads to procrastination. Cure- Get emotionally balanced to neutralize internal distraction.
- Skill deficient- Task needs certain skills, absence of which leads to procrastination. Cure– New skills can be developed and its easy when there is will to complete the task and move forward.
- Rebellion and resistance- Rebellion against imposed schedules, standards and expectations is very common as everyone have their own beliefs, values and priorities. Rebellion leads to procrastination. The thought behind it is nobody can make me do anything I would do it when I want to, this leads to resistance which is damaging. Cure- It is difficult to avoid rebellion but it is not worth doing it. If the idea behind rebelling is different priority or choice it can be anytime sorted out with mutual understanding with the concerned person. It should never take a resistance mode.
- Lack of motivation- You don’t get motivated to do the entire task that is important but if it is necessary to achieve your goal, it should be done.Cure- Sometimes you have to force yourself to do certain task.
- Lack of interest- There are some tasks that are not interesting but important. They must be done in order to avoid guilt and procrastination. Cure- Try to develop interest in the task by finding a reason to do the task.
Some reasons of procrastination that may need guidance of the experienced and adults:
Inability to prioritize
Inability to take decisions
In this competitive world procrastination is a big barrier in achieving success. The need is to work on it, eradicate it and enjoy success.
It is natural that though we know the cure it is at times difficult to work on it. Reach out to me at +91 8905170075 for the guidance how to work on it.