Exams are important because they compel the students to learn. Without exams most students won’t learn. They would have learnt the subjects in which they are interested and ignore the other subjects which are thought to be difficult though they are important in the modern age.
Exam is an opportunity to pen down all the knowledge you have gathered all the year round. It is seen that students undergo exam stress. There are many reasons for exam stress:
- Worry that they might fail
- Want to do really well
- Want certain result
- Find hard to understand what they are studying
- Feel they need to compete with others
- Less prepared
- Don’t have much time to study
- Don’t think they will do well
- Feel pressure from family to get good marks
- Have other things happening in their life
It is normal to feel stressed out during the exams. The good news is it can be handled gracefully and you can be stress free. It is important to understand that exam is not a monster or it is not a dreadful event. It is a moment to rejoice that you have worked hard the whole year round with the teaching and guidance of the teachers and the Parents. Exams give you the opportunity to get aware of the knowledge you have gathered. It is a fruit of your hard work which should be welcomed and enjoyed. Once you appear for your exams with correct answers you are satisfied and happy and get good results. In case you your answers were wrong you come to know what is yet to be learnt. In both cases you benefit. Few things to consider neutralising stress:
- Have confidence in yourself. You know your preparation better than others.
- Set up a schedule for efficient study
- Avoid competition mode. Always compete with self rather than with others.
- Don’t try to prove yourself. People will know you with your performance.
- Don’t push yourself to be the best instead do the best.
- Study as per your learning style
- Avoid discussion about the important questions that can be asked instead get thorough with the subject.
- Don’t get lost with what you don’t remember, focus on what you remember and eventually you would remember everything.
- Never compare yourself with anyone, upgrade self.
- Work on your anxiety level. Be calm and pat yourself that you have done a good job as far as preparation of exams is concerned.
- Avoid negative and demoralising environment.
- Don’t get upset with the advice of others, just smile.
- Have short break, nutritious food and good sleep.
It is easy and fun to appear for exams. Preparation would always seem less but giving exam with confidence gives result.
Wish you all Best of Luck!!